Submitting an Application

How do I apply for Development Approval?

Never assume that what you intend to do is so minor or inconsequential that you will not require a Development Approval. Even the erection of a shed in some areas may, in certain circumstances, require Development Approval.

It is important to emphasise that the onus is on you at all times to go to the Shire and seek assistance in determining if a development application is required. It is suggested that you never sign a contract or part with money before you do this.

The following material, in support of your development application, must be lodged along with your submission. Provision of complete and correct information at lodgement can reduce delays as assessment of your development application may not be carried out until all information is received.

The Shire's Development Application Lodgement Checklist should be used to assist you in preparing your Development Application.

The following items must be lodged as part of your application:

  • Application for Development Approval (required for all applications)
  • Additional Information for Advertisement (required in addition to above for all Advertisement Development Applications)
  • Land owners consent and supporting documentation
  • Neighbours Consent Letter (to be used for R-code applications e.g. carport, patio, sheds)
  • Planning report describing the proposal, including photographs
  • Plans and drawings including site Plan, floor plans, elevations
  • Any specialist reports required in support of your application (e.g. traffic impact, acoustic report)
  • Application fee (please refer to Fees & Charges)

Development Applications can be lodged in person over the counter at any of the Shire offices, electronically or by mail.

Please contact Development Services on (08) 9188 4444 for any further queries.

For all home based business development applications please review the process and documentation on the Home Based Business page.