The Shire of Ashburton employs three full time rangers. They are based in Tom Price, Paraburdoo and Onslow.
Rangers are Municipal Law Enforcement Officers who are responsible for enforcing the following legislation:
- Dog Act 1976, Cat Act and associated local laws;
- Litter Act 1979;
- Control of Vehicles (Off Road Areas) Act 1978;
- Local Government Act 1995 (in relation to vehicle offences);
- Bush Fires Act 1954;
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1960; and
- Various Local Laws of the Shire of Ashburton.
The Shire Rangers can be contacted during office hours :
Tom Price - (08) 9188 4444
Onslow - (08) 9184 6001
Paraburdoo - (08) 9189 5402
Rangers can be contacted after hours for emergencies only:
Tom Price - 0457 000 283
Onslow - 0417 949 661
Paraburdoo - 0437 545 901
Please note: Reports deemed NOT to be classified as an Emergency by the Shire Ranger will be actioned the next business day.
Last updated: 3 October 2017