Trading in Public Places

You must obtain approval from the Shire to trade on public land to ensure public health and safety.

Trading is restricted to the permitted areas of the Trading Location Maps below, or to public thoroughfares so long as it does not obstruct permanent premises.

To apply for a trading licence, you must fill in the application form below and provide the following documents:

  • Copy of public liability insurance covering you for the period you wish to trade.
  • If you are selling food, we require your current food business registration certificate.

Please note if you are a community or charitable group selling food you do not need to fill in a trading permit, but instead fill in the exempt food premise notification form below and send it along with your public liability and food handling certificate which can be completed here - FREE Online Food Safety Training.

All applications and documents, along with any queries, should be submitted to [email protected].

Application for Stallholders/Traders Permit

Trading Location Maps

Application for Trading Permit

Food Trader Guidelines

Exempt Food Premise Notification Form