$37,000 of community support grants awarded
Oct 15 2020
16 community organisations including sporting groups, community resource centres and those that offer activities for young families will share $37,000 of funding recently awarded by the Shire of Ashburton.
Through the Shire’s Community Support Grants program funding is available to incorporated community and sporting organisations to assist with community based activities and programs.
Shire President Kerry White said was pleased with the variety of applications received in round one of the community support grants.
“Applications were received from groups across all four towns within our Shire with a big uptake from sporting groups, demonstrating just how big a role they play in our local communities.
“This funding allows for clubs to host and / or travel to regional and state sporting events or championships, purchase new club equipment and to partake in professional sports or community development such as clinics, courses and seminars.
“The funding can also be used to host community events and other purposes based on broad community benefit.
“Those who were successful included:
- Nameless Family Playgroup
- Nintirri Centre
- Onslow Men’s Shed
- Onslow Occys Swimming Club
- Onslow School P&C Association
- Pannawonica Community Garden and Leisure Centre Incorporated
- Pannawonica Junior Sports
- Pannawonica Sport Club
- Pannawonica Swim Club Inc
- Paraburdoo Amateur Swimming Club Inc
- Paraburdoo Men's Shed
- Paraburdoo Netball Association
- Paraburdoo Pirates Rugby League and Touch Football Sports Club Inc
- Paraburdoo Toy Library Incorporated
- Tom Price Motor Sport Club
- Tom Price Swim Club
For media information contact:
Alison Lennon - Manager Media and Communications, Shire of Ashburton
M: 0409 314 140 | E: [email protected]