Ashburton Community Support Grants first round now open
Jul 16 2020
Community groups, local not-for-profit organisations and sporting clubs are encouraged to apply for funding through the first round of the Shire of Ashburton Community Services Grants program.
Applications for the Community Support Grant 2020/2021, Round 1 are open until 31 August 2020, for projects commencing after October.
Applicants can apply more than once each financial year as long as the total amount is less than $2,500. This includes cash and in kind support such as donated venue hire.
Applications may include the following:
- community based activities/programs;
- regional sporting events or championships;
- club participation in regional/state championships;
- club equipment; professional sports or community development such as clinics, courses and seminars;
- facility development and maintenance;
- individual sports or education scholarship for gional/state/national/international competition participation;
- community events;
- other purposes assessed on broad community benefit.
You are asked to conisder the Shire of Ashburton Disability and Inclusion Plan (DAIP) 2018 – 22 when submitting your application and be advised that funding is only available to incorporated community and sporting organisations.
The grants are competitive and decisions to fund part or all of a request are based on the extent to which the project directly benefits Ashburton residents and other funding sources available to that project.
In addition to the Community Support Grants, we offer Small Assistance Donations for up to $500 per financial year.
For media information
Alison Lennon, Manager Media and Communications, Shire of Ashburton
M: 0409 314 140 | E: [email protected]