Travel restrictions within the entire State of WA, effective from midnight on Tuesday 31 March 2020
Mar 29 2020
Restrictions will be placed on travel within the entire State of Western Australia, effective from midnight on Tuesday 31 March 2020
What does this travel restriction from midnight on Tuesday mean?
- Western Australians will not be permitted to leave their regional boundary.
- You cannot travel within WA - it must stop immediately and it’s absolutely crucial every Western Australian understands this message.
- Police have the power to enforce these restrictions if required, with potential fines of up to $50,000 which may be issued.
- Great Southern
- South West
- Perth and Peel will be treated as one region - due to their proximity and interconnected nature.
- Are currently away from home - you need to come back NOW.
- Have planned trip - you cannot go.
- Can postpone bookings with our regional hotels, tours or other providers, rather than cancelling, it will greatly support and assist the recovery of our businesses and regions when this situation subsides - let's all do what we can to make sure our regional businesses and people are still there for everyone when this is over.
Exemptions - will apply for, among other things:
- Essential services and workers, including health and emergency services;
- People living in ‘border communities’, who may not have access to groceries or supplies within their region;
- Employment purposes;
- Medical reasons;
- Transport of essential goods; and
- Some compassionate grounds.
Remote Aboriginal communities
Additional restrictions to remote Aboriginal communities were announced by Aboriginal Affairs Minister Ben Wyatt this week, to provide extra protection to these vulnerable communities.