New Community Hub for Paraburdoo
Community Hub takes shape
The construction of Paraburdoo’s new Community Hub is on track for completion late 2018 with the key activities undertaken so far;
- Demolition of old facilities complete (including the gutting of the old sports hall),
- Temporary swimming pool facilities for public use installed
- Backwash tank to pool demolished and new tank installed
- Installation of structural steelwork complete
- Installation of roof and metal wall cladding almost complete
- Concrete retaining walls underway
- Storm water works stage one completed – stage two underway
- Plumbing electrical and mechanical first fix complete
Other components of the Community Hub master plan being progressed include;
- The resurfacing of the netball/basketball courts and replacement of the fences
- Softball Diamond
- Refurbishment of the Lesser Hall including the installation of shade sails in the courtyard
- Conversion of the existing clubrooms into storage
Shire staff are working closely with community groups to make the transition into the new facilities seamless, as well as planning the vibrant finishing touches and opening celebrations.
Emma Blyth has been commissioned to lead the community art project where she will design the artwork to be applied to the fencing. We can’t wait to see it!
The Paraburdoo Community Hub is an exciting addition to our town and we look forward to sharing it with everyone. The development of this project is supported by the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program through the Pilbara Development Commission, Rio Tinto and the Shire of Ashburton.
Emma Blyth works with local children on the community art project
Last updated: 17 July 2018