Lynnette O'Reilly, Director Community Development
|Telephone||(08) 9184 9310|
|Mobile||0439 946 238|
|Postal Address||PO Box 20, Onslow WA 6710|
The Manager of Community Development, Lynnette O'Reilly is responsible for developing and maintaining a high standard of community service to the residents of the Shire of Ashburton.
To achieve the objectives in respect to the provision of Community Development, Council is continually seeking comments and suggestions to assist in the professional and friendly delivery of service.
Areas covered by the Community Development Division include:
- Issues relevant to people with disability
- Cultural services
- Aboriginal affairs
- Social planning
- Community development
- Sport and recreation
- Community Funding
Council is responsible for the provision, maintenance and facilitation of a wide range of sporting, recreational, welfare, and cultural facilities and activities within the major townships of Tom Price, Paraburdoo, Onslow and Pannawonica as well as assisting Aboriginal communities within the Shire where possible.
Council's role in the provision of Community Development includes:
- The provision, allocation and maintenance of ovals, halls, pavilions, hard court facilities, swimming pools, libraries and open space reserves for community use.
- Assisting community groups in establishment, incorporation and affiliation with State associations.
- Offering financial assistance on a dollar for dollar basis (to a maximum of $500) to recreational organisations in hosting competitions, junior development, umpiring and coaching clinics, travelling to regional competitions, the purchase of equipment and travel to State and National competitions.
- The implementation of Council's Disability Services Plan, Recreation Facilities Plan, and Lifestyle Plan.
- The facilitation of Home Aged and Community Care services program in Onslow.
- Assistance in the provision of activities for youth, including holiday camps and programs.
- Assistance in cultural projects such as cultural awareness programs, arts and festivals, together with the community development programs.
- The cleaning of all Council facilities including halls and public toilets.
Last updated: 2 May 2017