Halls and courts
All Shire halls contain coin-operated air conditioners (with the exception of Onslow) and are accessible to chairs and tables. All bookings are to be made through the Customer Service Officer during office hours.
Please note the Shire of Ashburton no longer offers the hire of tables and chairs. Fees and charges apply.
Please click on the towns below to view particular halls and courts in the area.
Hall and Oval Hire - Applications & Permits
Below is a list of application forms and permits that may be required when hiring a hall, oval or recreational facility.
To request a copy of the application and permit forms relevant to your event please email your local Shire of Ashburton office, quoting the reference number for each form.
Tom Price - firstname.lastname@example.org
Paraburdoo - Paraburdoo-Reception@ashburton.wa.gov.au
Onslow - Onslow-Reception@ashburton.wa.gov.au
Pannawonica - email@example.com
- SOA CD 002 - Application to Consume Alcohol on Council Property
- SOA CD 007 - Events Application
- SOA CD 009 - Event Insurance Advice Form to LGIS
- SOA CD 011 - Certificate of Electrical Compliance
- SOA CD 013 - Temporary Events Permit Application
- SOA CD 018 - Swimming Pool Hire Application Form
- SOA CD 033 - Table and Chair Hire Application Form
- SOA CD 038 - Venue Hire Form
- SOA CD 039 - Community Support Grants Application Form
- SOA CD 041 - Community Support Grants Evaluation Form
- SOA DRS 018 - Attachment - Food Permit Conditions and Checklist
- SOA DRS 019 - Application for Approval as a Non-Complying Event
- SOA DRS 057 - Traders and or Temporary Food Premises Permit
The Tom Price Community Recreation Centre is the town’s newest indoor facility. Featuring a performing arts theatre, green room, multipurpose sports hall and a crèche room.
The Community Centre can fit a capacity of 310 people into its hall. The hall is hired by sporting groups such as dancing (it has a stage area) and aerobics. It is also used for quiz nights, bands and youth cinemas.
Clem Thompson Memorial Oval and Pavilion
The Clem Thompson Memorial Oval and Pavilion was redeveloped in a partnership between the Shire of Ashburton, Royalties for Regions, Rio Tinto and the Department of Sport and Recreation. The oval is a full sized football stadium. The upstairs sports pavilion has bar and kitchen facilities and is suitable for a variety of formal and casual events.
The Civic Centre can hold 225 people. The hall itself is situated in Area W and is used for function hire, gymnastics and the Nameless Playgroup. The Art N Craft group hold their classes in a room adjacent to the Centre.
The Tom Price Basketball Courts are situated in Area W and consist of four full size courts. The courts are lined for both Netball and Basketball. The lights are on a timer system and will only be turned on for bookings made through the Council Office.
The Paraburdoo Basketball Courts are located next to the Sports Pavilion. The courts can be used for basketball, netball and tennis. The lights are on a timer system and will only be turned on for bookings made through the Shire Office. This needs to be done before 4.00pm on the day that you would like to use the facility.
The Ashburton Hall can fit a capacity of 402 people. It has a stage area and an outdoor area with BBQ facilities and toilets. Inside the hall there are also kitchen facilities that are available for use. The hall is used by a number of different groups such as Hi Rollers (roller skating) and Community Church on a regular basis. It is also hired out for various functions such as the Paraburdoo Ball.
This is situated inside the Ashburton Hall and has its own separate entrance and air conditioner. The room can hold 77 people and is used for smaller functions such as meetings and conferences.
The Sports Pavilion can hold 240 people. Mostly sporting groups such as gymnastics and dancing, hire the pavilion, which is located adjacent to the Paraburdoo Oval.
The Multi-Purpose Complex includes a full size sports gymnasium, basketball, indoor soccer, netball, badmington and volleyball courts. Bookings can be made via the Shire Office.
The impressive new Multipurpose Courts have been built in conjunction with BHP Billiton and the Pilbara Development Commission, and provide the Onslow community with two undercover courts and one open air court, quality night lighting, car parks, spectator viewing, scoreboards, umpire and scoring facilities. The undercover area will also provide a facility for many events that are often compromised due to weather and heat. Bookings can be made via the Shire Office.
The Onslow Sports Club manages the tennis courts and keys can be obtained from there. The lights are operated by a coin box. One of the courts is synthetic and the other is paved.
Pannawonica Community Hall
The Pannawonica Community Hall can fit a capacity of 250 and is used by a number of different community groups and functions. Inside the hall there is a small sports court area and kitchen facilities, stereo sound system, tables and chairs for functions. Bookings can be made through the Town Office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayu Maya Centre
The Mayu Maya Centre is an alcohol free venue and provides the following facilities for the community
- Internet Room – this room has 8 computers with internet capabilities with two being dedicated to Rio Tinto Corp only. Please be aware that Rio Tinto internet policies apply to all computers. No bookings required.
- Youth House – please contact Pannawonica Youth Group for further information
- Games rooms – this room has a pool table, table tennis, darts and a digital TV with Foxtel included. No bookings required.
- Cinema Room - This room provides residents the ability to watch their own movies with a cinema experience. The system has the capability to play DVD’s including BluRay as well as 3D and able to plug and play from laptops, USB’s and IPad. Bookings essential and can be made through the Town Office or via email to email@example.com
- Robe Meeting rooms – the rooms provide conference and meeting facilities for the community and business. There are two meeting rooms however they can be joined to cater up to 30 people. The installed media system allows any electronic equipment using VGA or HDMI cables to be utilized. Bookings essential and can be made through the Town Office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary School Courts
Primary School courts are available to the general public after school hours only and no bookings are required. If use is required during school hours please contact the Primary school directly.
Yannarie Park Courts
Yannarie Park courts are located next to the skate park and available to the general public at all times. The lights are on a timer for night time only. No bookings required for general public use however all functions/events must be booked through the Town Office or via email to email@example.com
Squash courts are located next to the Community Hall. Bookings must be made through the Town Office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 24 October 2016