Home Business Applications
Never assume that what you intend to do is so minor or inconsequential that you will not require a Development Approval. It is important to emphasise that the onus is on you at all times to seek assistance in determining if a development application is required. Importantly, if you are the tenant of a residential property and you intend to operate a home based business, you must seek approval from the land owner in the first instance.
The following material, in support of your development application, must be lodged along with your submission. Provision of complete and correct information at lodgement can reduce delays as assessment of your development application may not be carried out until all information is received.
The Shire's Development Application Lodgement Checklist should be used to assist you in preparing your Development Application.
The following items must be lodged as part of your development application for a Home Based Business:
- For properties owned by Rio Tinto and you are the tenant, you must initially complete the relevant application form and obtain approval from Rio Tinto as the owner. Please see website: http://www.riotinto.com/ironore/application-forms-15282.aspx
- Land owners consent and supporting documentation (if other than Rio Tinto)
- Application for Development Approval
- Home Based business self assessment check
- Neighbour Consent Letter
- Additional supporting plans/drawings as required
- Application fee. (Please refer to Fees & Charges, page 11 )
Development Applications can be lodged in person over the counter at any of the Shire offices, electronically or by mail.
Please contact Development Services on (08) 9188 4444 for any further queries.
Last updated: 27 September 2016