Stage One Redevelopment
The Shire of Ashburton is undertaking a two-stage redevelopment of the Ocean View Caravan Park to meet compliance requirements for caravan parks, provide a higher quality of accommodation options and improve amenity for long term park residents.
Stage One will commence in the last quarter of 2015 and will focus on the redevelopment of the western end of the park:
- Demolition of existing amenities block, kerbs, slabs, underground services
- Construction of new internal roads, visitor parking, kerbs and footpaths
- Boundary fencing
- Realignment of sites and new slabs
- New services including electrical transformer, water, sewer and drainage
- BBQ facilities
- 2 x one-bedroom cabins
- 2 x two-bedroom cabins
- Campers kitchen
- Managers residence and office
- Signage, lighting and security
The redevelopment is being staged in order to accommodate long term residents and ongoing accommodation demands at the park. It is expected that Stage One will be completed by Autumn 2016 (tourist peak season), Stage Two planning will then commence for the eastern end of the park.
Last updated: 9 January 2018